For anyone that lives in florida or close is a gloatable buy
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...&PHPSESSID=

PM3520b for $1500

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Looks like a A instead of the B. Still a good buy. Sad the guy has to sell.

Twinn
Will post for food.
I was thinking that was an A, but confess to being unsure about it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I thought the A did not have the cage. I did notice the controls are one different sides also.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I'd grab both the lathe and the Powermatic jointer/planer if I were anywhere close.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Arlin Eastman said:

I thought the A did not have the cage. I did notice the controls are one different sides also.

Arlin

A did come with a cage - mines still hanging on the wall where I put it when i bought my A new years ago
Wipedout said:

[blockquote]Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

A did come with a cage - mines still hanging on the wall where I put it when i bought my A new years ago

[/blockquote]

I would call that a good buy, given that it's in good operating condition, definitely not a steal. As for the cage, I definitely use mine when roughing a big blank. When things are clean and balanced or for spindle turning I remove it.
Steve K

Steve K said:

[blockquote]Wipedout said:

Arlin

[/blockquote]

I would call that a good buy, given that it's in good operating condition, definitely not a steal. As for the cage, I definitely use mine when roughing a big blank. When things are clean and balanced or for spindle turning I remove it.

[/blockquote]

You know Steve I have never used mine and never needed to. I did find I could have used it for the mini and midi lathes but with the bigger tail stock and how it holds the wood better and tighter I do not need to use it.

Arlin

Arlin Eastman said:

[blockquote]Steve K said:

[blockquote]Wipedout said:

Arlin

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

You know Steve I have never used mine and never needed to. I did find I could have used it for the mini and midi lathes but with the bigger tail stock and how it holds the wood better and tighter I do not need to use it.

Arlin

[/blockquote]

Ya see Arlin, that's the thing about them, I have never needed mine either. With that said, comes the day when I do need it, my plan is for it to be in place and hopefully save me from something catastrophic. Really cheap insurance for a minor inconvenience.
Steve K