Hook knives
Here's both the long and the short {right hand cut} blades from Warren Knives..Now the plan is to make two more knives similar to these but they will "cut left".....If you carve now, or plan to at sometime in the future, these will come in very handy, acting both as a straight blade as well as a small gouge...Like clamps, you can never have too many knives!!!

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

When I was at Smoky Mountains Carving yesterday I mistakenly pick up the left hand long hook blade. Now according to your note, I should just go back, get the right hand one and keep the left hand! Sounds like a good plan.
Be well my friend.

Ken
Quote:

Now according to your note, I should just go back, get the right hand one and keep the left hand! Sounds like a good plan.

I wont use the LH cut nearly as much but there are times when it will come in handy..Now I think I might just go ahead and make my own hook blade..I have 3ft of 1/2"X1/16" 01 tool steel I can use for it..

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Probably a good idea to make your own, it will be a little heavier. Also if you want the short version I don't think it is available from Warren in left hand.

Ken
With that straight handle, couldn't you sharpen both edges, so you can use it lefty or righty ?
Yes, but that would eliminate the need for two knives...can't be having that, ya know!!!!! Actually tho, when cutting "away" from me, I like to push the blade with my thumb, so a sharp edge wouldn't be so good...

Get off my lawn !
Upset