interesting site
Here is an interesting site to check out. I placed an order with them today and shipping was only $8. Only a small order to test the waters. www.timberbits.com

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Mel

I have been getting their news letter every month for a year or more and hope to get enough funds to get some stuff.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I know a few pen turners that have ordered from them. They are in Australia so shipping takes a little longer but they are good company from what I've heard.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
dlgWoodWork said:

I know a few pen turners that have ordered from them. They are in Australia so shipping takes a little longer but they are good company from what I've heard.

Great to hear, their dollar is on par with the Canadian dollar and can't beat the shipping. Told me would take about 2 weeks.

Mel
Are those prices in AUS$ or US$. If the former there could be some good deals.

Doug
I use them all the time. Shipping is alot faster than some state side companies. Dave is a stand up guy and will work with you. Some of his kits were made specifically for him so if ordering kits it is a good idea to get the bushings.
John T.
Haven't seen this anywhere else

Quote:

The Vicmarc VL 200 Sit Down lathe has been designed to suit people in wheelchairs or for people who have trouble standing for a long period of time. The lathe comes complete with an electronic variable speed unit, a 1.5kW motor and a magnetic remote switch box that can be positioned anywhere where you are working.

"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Shop Dad said:

Are those prices in AUS$ or US$. If the former there could be some good deals.

Doug

Ausie dollars, if it was US I wouldn't have ordered. I checked before ordering. I will report when I receive the order.

Mel
Ooooo... With the strong dollar that goes pretty far.