PSA: Costco Feit LED shop lights $25
Just a heads up - these have been discussed extensively in other threads. I have been really happy with mine as shop/garage lights and bought many at $36. They were on sale at $24 at my local Costco today with a decent amount of stock. YMMV, but I'd expect the same price at other Costcos.
web page has them for $60/pair

LED's put out about 1000 lumens more than flourescents.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Yeah...there was an additional $5 instant rebate at the store. Seems like they've dropped the regular price from $37 to $30.
Wild Turkey said:

LED's put out about 1000 lumens more than flourescents.

Are you refering to these particular led's? And more than which
fluorescents?
I've seen led's with different listed outputs.

I would hate to replace my lights and find then not as bright as the old ones.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I just mounted my LED light front costco right next to my fluorescent fixture. I'll take a pic tonight to show you. Much warmer light and I think brighter. I wanted to mount it first so it was already up when I took down the other one.

Interesting tho mine doesn't have a pull chain... I plan on wiring the outlet to the switch, so it's not a problem, but weird.
Benny

Pirate said:

I would hate to replace my lights and find then not as bright as the old ones.

My number was based on the rated lumens for each fixture. Check any fixtures you're interested in and see what it says.

I replaced a bathroom two-tube fixture with a LED the same external size and it seemed to put out twice the light.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Put 3 in my parents garage, 2 in my moms sewing room, will put 2 in mother in laws garage, have 2 in my brothers shop, 1 in my shed and I have 2 extras.

I'm in.

My 87 yr old folks love them!
the led replacement bulbs I put in my shoplights were significantly brighter than what they replaced. I think that fluorescent bulbs actually put out more total light, but a lot of it is going the wrong way.
EricU said:

the led replacement bulbs I put in my shoplights were significantly brighter than what they replaced. I think that fluorescent bulbs actually put out more total light, but a lot of it is going the wrong way.

I've never used LED lights. Can you buy the LED "tubes" to place in your current fixture or do you have to buy the fixtures as well?
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

Plug and play at a slight premium. No new fixture necessary.

http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/l...958482492830306
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou