Compact Routers
I'm between ordering a DeWalt 611PK and Makita RT0701CX7.

Anyone happen to use both and have a comparison?

Thanks,

Mike
Only have the Makita, but really like it. Just too bad you have to pay extra for the dust adapters.

Oz
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
I don't have both but I love my DW611pk.

Sorry I'm probably not helping but I use that thing for just about all my routing that I do at the workbench.
Peter

My "day job"
Wizard of Oz said:

Only have the Makita, but really like it. Just too bad you have to pay extra for the dust adapters.

Oz

I see DeWalt requires you to buy dust ports as well but just saw Makita also does not include a bushing adapter - another $25.

Mike
Peter Tremblay said:

I don't have both but I love my DW611pk.

Sorry I'm probably not helping but I use that thing for just about all my routing that I do at the workbench.

Agreed - my full size router is dedicated to the table, everything else the DeWalt handles with ease. I find I am even using the table less as the little DeWalt has enough umph to do some pretty big jobs.
I have way too many palm routers. Every router has a different use and I only change bits in one of my routers which is one of the Dewalts. Of all the palm routers I have and have used (which I think is all of them) the Dewalt is my favorite. I bought the kit with two bases and ended up buying an additional motor so I had one for each base. Best buy for a palm router is the Grizzly. $60 for a dual base compact router is a killer deal and it is a nice little router. One thing about the Dewalt that makes it really stand out are the LED work lights. This makes working on things that are tough to see much easier.
Grizzly metal body trim router on sale for $49.95.
No complaints with my Dewalt 611's. In fact I really like them.

Personally I like the depth setting on the 611 way better than the rest. The plunge action on the 611 base is really nice and smooth.

Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Another vite for the DW. I gave several small routers, including a Bosch Colt (no Makitas). I bought the DW for the plunge base. The others have seen zero use since the DW arrived.
I do have both, but have not used the Makita. Purchased Makita kit when it was $99.
Really like the DeWalt 611PK, definitely a keeper!
My initial impression without actually using the Makita is >> Recommend the 611PK,
Have not been able to do woodworking for last year due to more pressing issues.