stacked dado blades
I have a Freud stacked dado blade set ( the cheap version approx $90.)

I works OK but seems to leave tenons and dado bottoms a little rough . I s the $200 version worth the extra $
Almost all of them will do the same (IMO). The complaint about the "devils ears" is what you are seeing, only it's shows up on a tenon in several spots giving it the rough look. I cut mine just a hair over, and then smooth them out with a shoulder plane, though a sharp chisel would work just as good. I'm using the SD 508 Freud set. Someone mentioned the Dadonator has very small devil's ears, that might be an option or the Freud box joint set which cuts flat bottoms.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have the SD508. The bottoms are much smoother than SD206 set which I used to have.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
was it worth the extra money ?
I've been looking at the Dadonator. It's supposed to give a truly flat bottom. You can buy a handy gauge to go with it for sizing. They just had a sale with $15 off and free shipping. Except they still charged shipping for the Dadonator! I called and they said the Dadonator was so heavy that they had to charge shipping. Didn't seem right. Also, they didn't have the gauge in stock so you could wait and ship the order together or pay a seperate shipping charge to ship the gauge when it came in. Aggravated me enough I didn't order.

Lonnie
I've got a set ($160 Freud, I think) that makes flat bottoms, but it's real fun trying to work the tight blades off the arbor. Price you pay for precision. The old Delta set didn't do so well, so I went here. http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.as...&cat=1,41182 all you need is one, I guess, but I find them handy enough to use the set. You could also use a chisel.

With them available, I can nibble and clean most of the time.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I Have the Forrest and Dadonator. The Dadonator does produced a flat surface better than the Forrest IMHO. The forrest was so rough, I sent it back to be resharpened and it still lacks the results of the infinity. And it is heavy

Michael
The perfect fix

Note the 3/4" blade is just 19 bux. You can flat grind it to meet the thickness of undersized 3/4" ply, or really grind it to 1/2" ply. For smaller I just use a chisel on just the outer show edge. The part trapped in the middle is blind. You actually could do that on wider widths, but if in the wider width you have a greater accumulation of fuzz, and chaf. Well it is harder to compress a lot of junk, not so hard to squish a wispy amount. Playing with it will will teach you this.

You will find many uses for the router plane beside this, once you have it available. Really handy tool, and because it rides on top of the stock, it doesn't require crazy hand skillz to control it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Buckhunter said:

was it worth the extra money ?

I had to upgrade to an 8" when I upgraded to a Sawstop, so I was looking for a beefier setup. Have used it on shelves, cabinets, boxes. Used it for splines on a shadow box. Always given me good results.

So, yes, it was worth it to me.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Steve N said:

The perfect fix

I keep forgetting it's in the cabinet, but when I do remember, does the job admirably. Remember to start by smoothing both ends for best view. Even a sharp blade can push out a splinter.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.