Remote for Harbor Freight Dust Collector
I have a HF dust collector that works perfectly well but I would like to get a remote for it. It is 110v (not 220v compatible) and 20 amps. All of the 110v remotes that I've seen are only rated for 15 amps.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
I got a Christmas light RF remote from HD . It's only fifteen amps . Works fine . Does not get hot . Close out ... 5 dollars . I actually got two. Start up is a lot of amps , but running I think is 17 . That is what I did , not suggesting anyone else try.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

I've been using this one, http://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555-Weathe...rds=woods+32555 on my HF DC for over 12 years without any issues to speak of. I am on my second one which I don't think is that bad.
Mike

How do you like the HF DC? Is it 2hp and what info is there on it? I so need to get a better one for me and the others I teach.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The problem with the HF dust collector is the bag, it only filters down to 5 microns. All the really dangerous dust particles are smaller. The more expensive DCs, such as canisters, filter down to 1 micron. The very best, and most expensive cyclone/canister combos(such as Oneida) filter down to 0.3 microns, almost 60 times more effective.
The HF collector will be useful in keeping the shop clean, but won't protect your lungs very well.
Not cheap, but i've been using the PSI remote for 3 years (https://www.pennstateind.com/store/LR110-3.html) with the HF collector. Closest to 20 amps i've seen. In a 36 x 24 space with the receiver mounted near the top of a 10' wall, the remote works from anywhere in the building without pointing it at the receiver. Not cheap, but we had a garage fire in 1996 that i'd rather not go through again.
earl
I have the HF on an iVac controller. The setup generally works OK, but it does take that controller right to the limit in terms of power draw. It seems to trip the reset more than I would consider normal. I think a 15A remote could be challenged for this particular piece of equipment.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
What I did after burning up a couple of Christmas special remotes, was order a $35 relay from Amazon that's designed for a 220v load, that just means it switches both legs. The one I bought is triggered by 110 so that I can use another post Christmas special remote, and it works great.

If you wanted to set up a low voltage control system they also come in a 24v DC triggered variety.

Duke
I used the Long Ranger with mine when I had it. No problems.

I recommend one-micron felt bags, though, to replace the original ones. My HF lasted nine years before the motor quit. Now I use the Long Ranger with a Penn
State cyclone.
You can rewire the switch and mount it on the front of the DC. Run a line from the motor to the switch then into the wall. I'm surprised that the motor can't be wired for 220 since it draws so much on 110.

Grizzly sells 2.5 micron bags that usually fit the HF stuff.
Don