LN Plow plane pictured in Deneb's PW article
Has anyone heard new information on the release date? I'm too demoralized to write and ask LN myself. I believe the last update I was given by Deneb was that it was coming out in Spring.

. . . of 2014.

Reed
You don't need a parachute to go skydiving unless you want to do it more than once. . .
This question was asked at the Seattle LN event yesterday and the answer was they are still working on it. No date was given.
The most anticipated release since "History of the World Part II"
Anybody know what the issues are? Looks like a great tool!

--------------------
"Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist, kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden."
I asked last year about the plow. The gist was basically that Thomas Lie-Nielsen wanted everything to be just right before releasing it for full scale production. LN is a somewhat small company. It's not like they have an engineering or manufacturing department. I am thinking TLN is a perfectionist, and that slows down things quite a bit.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I asked and they were vague about any dates.
Why would the plow plane be any different then the socket chisels or sharpening guide???

I'm sure it will be a great tool when it gets here though. I haven't bought any new LN tools in quite a while. I may have to treat myself with one of these though.

The Veritas small plow, with or without the beading feature, fills all my needs and i am not getting any new (larger) plow or combo planes when they come out.

On a positive note, LN's unknown release date of its plow may be a good thing to those who are contemplating it, if the timing is right. If Veritas and LN come out with two different large plows around the same time (two years from now?), then buyers can have two good choices to consider and pick from.

Simon
Maybe they are holding it back as the 35th anniversary tool. I'm still waiting for the 30th anniversary tool!

--------------------
"Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist, kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden."
I read it and I immediately noticed the plow plane. I also noticed that he showed the Stanley 289, mentioned that it's the best thing since sliced bread (they really are nice planes) any hey, no we're probably not going to make that either, so why mention anything. Just like a set of 720 chisels, which they won't do either, but they'll sell you the dumb long wooden handles. Or that iron board for the 51 shooting plane. No, we get a $200 set of honing guides. yay.

I like, have money. I'd love to give it to L-N. but they kinda gotta, you know.... make stuff.
Sundowner said:

I like, have money. I'd love to give it to L-N. but they kinda gotta, you know.... make stuff.

You're joking, right? This is a joke? Lie-Nielsen makes a phenomenal variety of planes, saws, and chisels for such a small firm. You're upset that they don't make a plow plane and a skew rabbet? Guess what, Lee Valley does. And they're awesome. How is this something to complain about?
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home