which router table setup?
I have the Dewalt DW618PK router.

I want to get a router table and a router lift for it.

I found the bosch RA1181
but I'm leaning toward the Kreg PRS2100 with the PRS3000 lift. My question is, how easy is it to take the router in and out of the table and lift? In case I want to use it with the plunger above board? Will this get old? Is this a pain in the rear?

Then I thought, maybe of keeping my dewalt router as my above the board router and getting the Bosch RA1181 with the 1617EVS router and RA1165 and then keeping this as my permanent router table setup.
It would be used for relative light work, round overs and for making frames. The only thing I don't like about this, is I miss my precision router lift.

But, I'm not sure how much I really need precision lift? I want to make small decorative boxes and signs and small bedside and chair side tables. Maybe the Kreg setup is over kill.

Any advice/guidance?
Greetings. I have no advice for you, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Someone will come along and help you with your questions.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
I won't recommend a specific brand, but it really does save a LOT of time to have a dedicated router table motor. You can purchase just the router motor, and that will save you some $$. I have a precision lift for my router table and it's worth every penny I paid for it. Being able to make fine adjustments is a plus. Dust collection using a table is a big plus as well.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Or, buy a second base for your router and have it permanently attached. I got lucky and a fellow WoodNetter had a base for sale. I always take my router out to change bits so it makes sense for me to do it this way. Just another idea.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
If I were starting over I'd buy the Sommerfeld router table with fence and then mount a Triton router in it. No need to buy a lift. You would have to build the stand or cabinet for the table but it would be worth it if you have the time. A router table base doesn't have to be fancy and a cabinet isn't needed for excellent dust/chip collection if you gathering it right at the bit--at least in my experiences.

I don't know what the Kreg table costs but the lift alone is over $300. Why buy a lift when you can buy the Triton? I have the Triton and I love it. Easy bit changes, easy adjustment below or above the table. It's a well thought out router that hasn't given me a bit of trouble. Neither have my PC's though.

The Sommerfeld table and fence is $550 with free shipping right now. I've seen his table at the woodworking shows and it's pretty impressive. It would be the last router table I would think anyone would ever have to buy. I'm surprised more people don't recommend this table on the forums.

I am not a fan of any router table that uses a mounting plate, just too many issues with leveling. The Sommerfeld router table and fence along with a JessEm MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II package are two exceptional production made router tables.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
+ 1 on a second router. Will save you a LOT of hassel over time.
I forgot to say the same thing. You will want a dedicated router in the table. I use my router table much more frequently than I do in handheld functions. Handheld is my last option and I'm white knuckled when I do so.....