Ridgid Oscillating Sander won't start
My Ridgid Belt/Spindle sander won't start. I'm past 3 year warranty and no LSA cause I bought is on on craigslist. Before I start tearing it down, any common failures with it? It's seen limited use. I'm just curious if those switches tend to fail or if it's going to be a motor tear down.

Does Ridgid ever cover beyond warranty for certain problems?
I would call Ridgid and check with them. Sounds to me like the switch.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Most likely is a bad switch. Those are used in lots of machines and they are super cheaply made. The contact pads are poor plating or no plating at all.

Ridgid won't cover anything without paperwork. They do have a decent lsa but it's a pain.
I would bypass the switch to test it.
I have a bad switch on mine. It's stuck in the closed position.
I plug it into a duplex box with a switch and outlet and use that switch, until one of my Ridgid batteries die and then I will take them both in tor free repair and new battery.

My last Ridgid oss a friend gave me, lost it's smoke and a new motor was more than a new sander.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Thanks guys. I'll check the switch.
Update. It's working now. I flipped the switch on and off repeatedly about 10 times and it eventually started. Felt like cranking a Model T

Must have had some dust between the contacts that got dislodged.

Thanks for the advice.