Sloping air compressor piping
How important is it to slope compressed air lines?

One of the prevailing thoughts is to slope the pipe at 0.25" / ft to allow condensed moisture to travel to one end or the other. Does the usage of the air matter? Would you slope more for paint rooms than mechanics tools?
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams
Just put a moisture filter on the line.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I have a moisture filter planned between the compressor and the building's lines. I also have drain ports on all drops just below the tool / hose connection point.

I'd really like to not worry about slope. I'm running the lines inside of walls / ceilings and the width of joists limits how much vertical play I have to work with. Thanks.
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams
put a drop drain just before your drop for your use
I did not put a slope in my lines, the drops just have an extension so the water collects and is drained below the outlets

Works fine here
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I did slope my lines.The longest line from the compressor is about 30'-0
I have 5 other drops in this line. The copper pipe is mounted on the ceiling with the low point 1-1/2" less than the highest point.
I have a lever valve on an 8" drop to blow out any condensation.This is installed on the wall and is piped to the compressor.I do not have a water filter on the line,don't need it. I blow out the compressor tank and this line every Monday morning.
I get almost no condensation from the line but a lot from the tank.
Guessing a 1/2 pint or so.
mike
Three words. Automatic Drain Valve.

Every time the compressor cycles on and then off, whatever moisture that is in the tank gets jetted out.

Mine is from Harbor Freight believe it or not, and has been working like a champ for years.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
MarkSingleton said:

Three words. Automatic Drain Valve.

Every time the compressor cycles on and then off, whatever moisture that is in the tank gets jetted out.

Mine is from Harbor Freight believe it or not, and has been working like a champ for years.

I also have one but there still is water in the air if you are using it. I have a water trap plus a drop before my drop to the paint drop. I is plumbed with 3/4 lines and the water drop is a 2 inch 3 ft pipe with a drain valve at the bottom.
Of my 6 drops, two will be in the finishing area. The rest will be for blowing dust around and occasionally spinning an air ratchet. It sounds like a filter coalescer at the compessor and at the paint station should suffice. (Along with the tank drain.)

What do you route your automatic drains to? Just run a hose to a milk jug?
Mandrake said:

Of my 6 drops, two will be in the finishing area. The rest will be for blowing dust around and occasionally spinning an air ratchet. It sounds like a filter coalescer at the compressor and at the paint station should suffice. (Along with the tank drain.)

If you can't pitch the lines, then that is your best option.