She be mo-bile!

Got tired of muscling this thing around my tiny shop and having it sit out in the middle. I welded up a bit of scrap metal and slapped some casters under it. She moves around nice and smooth now.

Bob
Very cool, Bob. What's the gray stuff on the top side of the cart?
thanks,
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Thanks, I glued in some felt to protect the paint on the machine.

Bob
It was to make tool bases that prompted me to take my first welding class a long time ago. Always glad I did,
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nice job - mobility is a good thing! Fortunate to have a nice sized shop but ALL large tools are on wheels.

Doug
Looks great!
WoodNET... the new safespace
Good job.

Even Norm had a lot of his tools on wheels.

I would love to have a shop large enough to have permanent place for my tools. But since I don't the only tool not on wheels are my TSs.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Thanks guys, my shop is fairly narrow so leaving big tools out in the middle chokes up the whole space. At some point I need to make one for the 20" bandsaw, table saw and shaper.

Bob
Great job. Are these locking casters so the equipment doesn't move around when you use it? Always looking for ideas!
I had to go with non locking casters, but this machine is heavy enough there wont be a problem. I wanted this machine to be a low rider to fit in the space along the wall, I wanted it to. The locking casters I wanted to use wouldn't work with this set up.

Bob