Anybody need a bigger lathe?

Quote:

Remodeling a woodworking shop in J-Town and have no need for a lathe of this size. "The Porter" is a 7' Industrial 4 Speed Lathe. The machine is in working order, and comes with 12", 16" and 36" tool rests, as well as a stabilizer and a set of turning tools. Please make an offer in email.

L'ville Craigslist
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
That surly would be nice to have if I ever get a building for all of us.

It did not say the swing of it but I am sure it would not move with a big bowl.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
If anyone bought that he would have to build the shop around it, would need a major crane to move it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Porter made good stuff. Looks like that is a wood bed lathe, like a big Conover lathe. Put 4x4's under each leg pair, rent Rol-a-lifts to put under them and you are in business.

Doug
I've got a similar sized lathe out in the barn. It will take 8 ft. length. The ways are 2 C channel iron. Angle iron legs. All welded together. Double and single tool rests. Stepped flat belt pulley on the head stock. Needs a flat belt pulley on the motor and a belt.
Anyone interested?

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Foggy said:

I've got a similar sized lathe out in the barn. It will take 8 ft. length. The ways are 2 C channel iron. Angle iron legs. All welded together. Double and single tool rests. Stepped flat belt pulley on the head stock. Needs a flat belt pulley on the motor and a belt.
Anyone interested?

Post over on OWWM and you may get a taker.

Doug
OWWM ??

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Old Wood Working Machines
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Also try vintage machinery.org
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Would fit in my workshop perfectly!!!! Is Kentucky close to Washington state?