amazing wood and metal musical machine
If you realllllly get into it, there is a 50 pack of vids on u tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwTdGVNW...VNWB1M#t=5

Click the you tube at the bottom to go there, look for the black box on the right with a 50 on it Enjoy.......
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I saw that today. Brilliant in concept and very crude in construction.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Nice little weekend project!
Simply amazing , does he say in any of the others videos how long this musical machine took to make ?

The entire machine is just mind boggling to me but the marble catcher seems to work flawlessly .
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
JerrySats said:

The entire machine is just mind boggling to me but the marble catcher seems to work flawlessly .

Sort of. When the machine slows down, the marbles don't have the kinetic energy to make it to the funnels. Notice all the marbles on the floor at the end of the video as he walks away.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
SteveS said:

I saw that today. Brilliant in concept and very crude in construction.

What do you think is crude about the construction?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
build quality. easily identified at 1:01 and 1:39.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Who cares if it could have been built better, that thing is the work of a genius. Not the work of a simple engineer like me. That guy is Leonardo come back to life. Yeah, an engineer could make it work better, catch the marbles at any speed, all that mundane stuff. The genius was in the concept, not the execution, although it's plenty good IMO.

John
To add to that he also adds musical genius. In several scenes of the first video you can see the inner belt with it's little catch hooks (tubes seen at 1:30) that set the timing of the key strikes. That isn't just random noise, but a well played melody.

Crude sure isn't a word I would use in relation to something this well thought out.

"14 months of building this thing"
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

To add to that he also adds musical genius. In several scenes of the first video you can see the inner belt with it's little catch hooks (tubes seen at 1:30) that set the timing of the key strikes.

I am pretty sure those are Lego Technic parts.