"Good deal" got me in trouble -- anybody installed a "Vessel sink"?
Bought something a few years ago and the guy threw in a couple of vessel sinks.

i planned on selling them but LOML decided they were worth keeping

Fast forward a few years -- now she wants them installed on top of a dresser she got as part of an estate.

Plumbing is not a problem the dresser has doors on each end and room behind the drawers for the drains but how do you attach a vessel sink to the counter top???
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Silicone
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

They generally have a long threaded drain pipe that is used to mount the sink from the bottom. Once you look at the drains built specifically for vessel sinks it's self-explanatory.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Put the vessel sink right in front of wherever your wife spends her morning prep time in the bathroom and tell her if she can keep everything clean around the sink, you will install it.

Personally, I'd hate to deal with a vessel sink. Hard to clean around.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
It's part of a redo of the "guest" bedroom so upkeep isn't a big item.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
FWIW

Make sure you get the right height spout. Too many times I see these sinks with too short spouts. Also look for one that shoots the flow towards the basin center, not straight down.
I see these things around and about and never "got" the concept of why anyone would want one. To me they look like a bathroom designer's brain fart, hard plumbing a surface mounted bowl is just asking for a messy countertop. I guess I'm just old and cranky and have no sense of "style." If my bride wanted something like that, I'd tell her to get the pitcher/bowl combination from the 19th century.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I think it's one of those styles. Not sure how long the style will last. Maybe as long as 9x9 floor tiles or avocado appliances.
Wild Turkey said:

It's part of a redo of the "guest" bedroom so upkeep isn't a big item.

Hey, I tried. Now I might find a way for the wife to knock them off a shelf.

First thing I'd do is figure out if I can source the correct drain. I have no clue whether these are generic or brand specific. If brand specific, that might be why you got them for free.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Mr_Mike said:

If brand specific, that might be why you got them for free.

I'll do some checking

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)