Restored me a compass
Bought a compass that is carftsman made at a estate sale. I thought I would have fun with it and restore it with some brass parts to bring up the bling factor. I also updated the lead holder. Its always good to have a compass that can do large circles. I had a lot of fun making the brass parts and thought I would share restored piece.

" />

Are you sure it is big enough?

Impressive!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Nice work. Big critter.

I've got Starrett's extension divider/compass/inside&outside caliper, thanks to my uncle, who thoughtfully bought a lot of good tools to pass along to his family; and it is often nice to have something for large circles.

At a certain radius, it becomes more convenient to use trammel points.
Great work! And I envy your shop equipment, too!
Chris
Nice job on the restoration. It looks like your compass is at the extreme large end. The next step up for a larger radius is a trammel set. BTW, I used a trammel set on a 6 ft long furring strip once when I needed an arc for a bookshelf.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com