Sleep number bed
My new queen sized sleep number mattress arrived by UPS yesterday. I have a platform bed.

Anyone have any experience assembling these? How long does it take. Anything to watch out for?

Thanks,

Cooler
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Takes a couple of hours if you are slow. Real slow.

The biggest thing for us is we had a latex foam topper. Latex foam tear easily, so you need to be careful.

Otherwise, its easy. Biggest thing is getting the big boxes unpacked.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I got just one box. I have not unpacked it yet. I didn't order the bed, only the mattress.
I think the only thing to watch out for is the location of the inflation holes. They need to match the cover - proper end and proper side of the mattress.

Plug the pump in and make sure the hoses and all are long enough and will be out of the way before you get too far along.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
Thanks. I am starting on it I about one hour.
IIRC you can't transport these mattresses on their side...they have to lay flat. My inlaws had one and they moved it to their new place and it never worked right afterward.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Don't know about his, but mine was folded up in a fairly tiny box. Support rim, air bags, various layers of top covers all folded up.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
this is once its all put together, I don't recall if their's was a sleep number or another brand like a sleep number but it was toasted in their move because it was sitting on its edge.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

meackerman said:

IIRC you can't transport these mattresses on their side...they have to lay flat. My inlaws had one and they moved it to their new place and it never worked right afterward.

We have one. Initial install was done by the company and I watched it. When it was time to move, I broke it down, folded it up, wrapped with magic wrap. Reassembled in reverse order of breakdown.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Right. That's what I saw online when you want to move.

Mark