planner and jointer blades?
Haven't bought any planner and jointer blades for a couple years.
Called to find out how much to get a set sharpen and was told something like a $1.50 a in. This was at a Klingspor.

I used to take them to woodcraft the last time i had a couple sets sharpen but the local store closed.

Don't know what to really look up to find another place to take them to, to get them sharpened.

Where is a good place to buy replacement blades for a 15" delta planner and a 8" shop fox jointer.
ncwoodturningtools.com
replacements here you can get 10% off as a woodnet member

sharpening : here

Scott is as good as they for sharpening
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

$0.50/inch at Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY. Excellent work and very good service.

Why are you needing new blades after only two years? I used the same two sets of HSS knives on my Inca J/P for 25 years and never wore them out, and I jointed and planed many thousands of BF with it.

John
I bought a set of Titan knives from Brian (Joe's link) and they were much better than the OEM knives (IMHO) on my Delta 15". Cheaper too. Bull Sharpening (Oak park IL) also gets 50¢/inch, tat place that quoted $1.50 is really out of line.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Happy with the jointer knives, I got from Holbren.
jteneyck said:

$0.50/inch at Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY. Excellent work and very good service.

Why are you needing new blades after only two years? I used the same two sets of HSS knives on my Inca J/P for 25 years and never wore them out, and I jointed and planed many thousands of BF with it.

John

Don't need new blades just resharpen.
With the price i was quaoted it is cheaper to buy new blades.

Thanks for the links on sharping.

I was told of a place about 30 min away going to call them monday and get a quote to sharpen them.

If it don't work out I will be contacting Dnamic Saw,

John
ncwoodturningtools.com
Here is a link to Google Maps of your home town with the search term "Sharpening". There are several sharpening services within 20-30 minutes of you.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
JGrout said:

8]here[/url]

Worth repeating. Scott is the only guy i will let touch my tooling.
I have had 3 or 4 other shops ruin expensive tooling!

Jeremy s said:

[blockquote]JGrout said:

8]here[/url]

Worth repeating. Scott is the only guy i will let touch my tooling.
I have had 3 or 4 other shops ruin expensive tooling!

[/blockquote]

I haven't used Scott but I'm going to ditto having had blades biffed by expensive sharpeners, including one that changed a FTG to ATB.

The difference between Scott and the others, IMHO, is likely that Scotts operation is smaller and has more experienced people doing the work. I'd be afraid some of the larger outfits have higher employee turnover.

So next time I'm using Scott. Never heard a bad report and with the amount of work he does in these forums, that is good enough for me.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
First of all, I have never used Scott's sharpening service, this comment is NOT directed at him or his business. Now, the big problem that I have with other sharpening services that I have used is this. I send out a Freud, red blade and it comes back with all of the red ground off, for at least the outer 2". I asked the guy once, why ?. He said it was so they could engrave the blade. BS !!! I found out that it usually means they use a sander/grinder/buffer to clean the blade. To me, this is unacceptable.

I hate to hijack the thread but any comments ?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry