craftsman style lamp plans
Does anyone have links to plans for craftsman or prairie style lamps? Desk and table lamps as well as floor lamps, and help would be appreciated. I have looked but only found pictures but no plans or scaled drawings.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
I have made several A&C lamps from plans, but they were done probably ten years ago. You will need to find an archive of magazines such as American Woodworker and Popular Woodworking. You don't really need plans for something like that if you have photos. Just make it a size you like. Actually, the shades are the biggest challenge. I used sheet mica for mine, mounted in thin oak frames. Mica shades can also be purchased pre-made.
I saw a web page a while back that had rawhide lampshades. A lot of them were really ugly with psuedo-Native art, but some were an amber color that reminded me a lot of mica shades. Not sure what it would look like in real life, but you can get rawhide in big sheets, it's fairly cheap and can be formed in just about any shape you could imagine. You'd need to be careful with it in a lamp so it couldn't get too hot if you used incandescents, but I think an imaginative worker could make an attractive, though non-traditional Craftsman style lamp with it.
Meyda Lighting in Utica NY offers a wide variety of shades for many lamp styles. You might also come up with some good ideas for various Craftsman or Arts and Crafts lamps. However, they don't sell plans for lamps. Good luck.
i found this http://dalemaley.webs.com/1905lampreproduction.htm
don't know if it what your lookin for but its a shot
south vietnam war collage
Several years ago, I bought plans from this company. As I remember, the plans were fine, but the pictures that came with it were a tad on the small side. Here's a couple of pictures of the lamp I made, I made them into a standing lamp instead of a table lamp. In fact, its about time to replace the paper.
http://www.prairiedesigns.com/

Joe in Florida
Thanks for the link, that lamp was close but looked a bit clunky to me. I appreciate the link however
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Thanks for the link, it looks promising, I will explore it closer