A great Woodworking Video by John Neeman
I came across this on my fb feed. It's a great video of a house being built,timber frame construction. I enjoyed it and thought you might like it also. It is 25 mins, so carve out a bit of time and sit back and relax while watching.

The Birth of a Wooden House
Furniture...The Art of a Furnituremaker

Earl Kelly
Excellent. I enjoyed watching.
Thanks for sharing, although I am exhausted watching all the work that went into the home while watching his daughters grow up. I give him credit and admire his skills in building the home, an undertaking now beyond my years to accomplish.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
I also really enjoyed! Thanks for sharing.
~ Chris
Thanks! Now I understand why houses around here built from local materials in the 1800s are on the small side like the Hornbeck Homestead .

I liked showing how he made the 'oakum' to add to his mud for plaster. The one guy in the first part where they had a tree hang I thought for a second was going to get hit.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Fun to watch. Those guys were really skilled with their axes and chisels. Where did this take place? Somewhere in Europe?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I googled the name (MAIZNIEXI) shown above the door in the final part and came up with Latvia. But at the start the builder Jacob dedicates it to Richard Pronneke well known in Alaska so who knows where it took place
Bill
GEB said:

I googled the name (MAIZNIEXI) shown above the door in the final part and came up with Latvia. But at the start the builder Jacob dedicates it to Richard Pronneke well known in Alaska so who knows where it took place
Bill

You are probably correct. I looked it up and the root form means baker. It makes since, given the hearth and oven he built, which looks an awful lot like what a baker would use.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
lil

I would think the Thanks for friends, and family, and Richard Proenneke is just calling out who helped him. In the case of Proenneke I'm betting he wasn't on-site, but rather his writings were a source of motivation, and instruction as he made his families shelter.

"The House has been built based on the western part of Latvia - Kurland/Kurzeme" by Jacob, carpenter, craftsman and founder of John Neeman Tools. John Neeman Tools Story found here

Location info found on the comments below the video under "read more"

A Google of the meaning of, what does Maiznieks mean in Latvian? Will get you the word Bakers, that may go to what the Wife likes, because Jacob is a Carpenter, and a tool making entrepreneur for timber framing tools. It's hard to Google, because I keep not finding Jacob's last name. A Google of "traditional Latvian oven" didn't show much of anything in oven design, but it was a pic page full of pastries, and breads

Thanks for a great vid Earl Kelly
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW