Best mildew resistent tub/tile caulk
Anyone have suggestions for mildew-resistant tub/tile caulk that works better than others? I'd prefer clear but could live with an off-white.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
My bride has a thing about this, and I've bought every brand HD and Lowes offers, and none of them hold up against mold for very long. Personally, I think the claim of "resistant" is a scam.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral said:

My bride has a thing about this, and I've bought every brand HD and Lowes offers, and none of them hold up against mold for very long. Personally, I think the claim of "resistant" is a scam.

Yeah I'm coming to the same conclusion. I figured instead of continuing to try all the different products, that I'd ask. But I wasn't expecting much.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
I have bought the most expensive so called mildew resistant caulk I could find, total waste of money. May as well stick with the cheap stuff and redo when needed.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Lexel by Sashco is the finest quality clear caulk. Try it, you will not be disappointed. Every Ace Hardware i've ever visited always seems to have it in stock.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
The only caulk I have seen that nit o lyrics sticks but repels mild is the stuff for walk in coolers. It's so strong that it will hold the cooler together without the cam locks. Have needed a forklift to get parts apart before cause it's so good. It's pricey thouh. The cheap stuff is around $15 a tube and color selection is poor.
Robert Adams said:

The only caulk I have seen that nit o lyrics sticks but repels mild is the stuff for walk in coolers. It's so strong that it will hold the cooler together without the cam locks. Have needed a forklift to get parts apart before cause it's so good. It's pricey thouh. The cheap stuff is around $15 a tube and color selection is poor.

Brand name?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I don't remember the brand off hand. One of those tell the supply house what you need and they give it to you. Rarely looked at the tube just used it... Will see what I can come up with though.
I have used GE Silicone 2 Kitchen and Bath for wet areas. The only time I ever get mold/mildew is if I leave a place where water can stay.
I usually mask with painters tape, run a bead, smooth it and remove as much as I need to get close to the tape edges. Then remove the tape, smooth the edge that the tape left.
This usually leaves very nice, smooth caulks that don't have any edges or grooves that can hold water.
So maybe, technique is as important as product.
Saratoga, NY
I've used nothing but white Polyseamseal for probably 25 years in my home and rental units. Loctite changed the name to "2-in-1", but it's the same formulation. It's available in clear.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/17/40/p...-&-Tile.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-1515861-Po...te+polyseamseal