Faceplate screws
Which one?
How long?
Source?
#12 Pan Head screws fit through my faceplates. I use 1.5" length, and place one in each of the 8 holes in the faceplate.
#14 CSK CRES x 1-1/4"

Home depot
Cellulose runs through my veins!
I use #10 sheet metal screws, because it is what I had. They are 1.5" long and I use a nut driver to put them in.
Bob Atchison said:

Which one?
How long?
Source?

That all depends on your faceplate and waste block
I've not used a faceplate with a waste block yet. I've only ever used one to put an innie or an outie on a bowl blank. The times I've used a waste block I turn a tenon on it and hold it in my chuck.
I think the choice of screws depends on the size of the piece and the orientation - side grain or end grain.

For side grain, I use four one inch #10 (I think - largest that fits the faceplate holes) for small pieces. Say 8-10" in diameter.

If the piece is larger or wet, I use 1-1/2". Don't use dry wall screws because they are brittle. For a 14-16" piece, use a large faceplate, long, large screws and all of the holes in the faceplate.

If you mount an end grain piece on a face plate (a rarity), use as many screws as your faceplate will hold and very long. I have used dry wall/deck screws in this application just for the length. In end grain, the screws can easily pull out.
I use a #10 or #12 screw length is determined on what I am turning.
Anything except drywall/multipurpose screws.

I like sheet metal screws because the threads don't taper like a wood screw. Use the largest possible for your faceplate and at least 1" into the wood.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Soft wood - coarse thread. Hard - fine is fine. Head design depends on whether your faceplate has tapered holes or not.

All threads inside the wood work for you, those poking out don't. Keep 'em long, but out of the way. When capturing long grain, as long as possible.

Wherever screws are sold.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.