I got a Lesson in Table Saw Rust Removal
I'm trying to decide if this is all a joke or for real. I can't picture this whole chainsaw sandpaper thing, and don't want to picture it while singing that song!

Put a wire cup brush on an angle grinder, and use that to hold scotch brite. Works like a charm. Got the idea from Jack Foresberg on another forum.
On rusty stuff I just let it soak with wd40 then scrape off the rust with a utility knife blade. A little more wd40 and a Scotch Brite and clean it off. Make sure to get the oil residue off with acetone lacquer thinner etc then let it dry and apply wax.

Even on a super rusty table saw that was left outside it only took a half hour to do.

As for the dehumidifier maybe they saw it as an improvement to the neighborhood and a way to punish you with higher electric bills.

My shop is often at ambient humidity because it's only heated and cooled when I'm in there. It's rarely below 50% out there with no ac on. The ac will dry out the air inside pretty quickly then it starts cooling. Actually gets annoyingly dry to the eyes etc but you aren't drenched in sweat so that's well worth it. Living here we are used to humidity and when I go out of town to dry places my lips get chapped and eyes dry out. Body is used to the miserable weather I guess...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULNUr0rvEc
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nothing starts a day out better than a good double entendre Thanks for the mental image in my head!

[blockquote]WilliamHodge said:

The sand paper ground the table all out of flat,the chainsaw and my singing annoyed the neighbors, using up all the Brazilian Booty Wax led to a hairy situation. My wife suggested I give her more space, that did not include me.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Wax is not the best moisture barrier. When applied in thin coats, it does not effectively prevent moisture. Moisture sitting on the surface will penetrate the thin coat of wax. You need to build up a considerable layer of wax for good protection.

In a number of tests, Boeshild and Top Coat have been found to be the most effective. They both build to enough of a film to be protective. But even these should be built to thick film for winter protection. Use mineral spirits to easily remove the material in the spring.
Howie.........
I've never noticed any problems using paste wax on top of Boeshield T9. The Boeshield does nothing to defeat the friction wood makes against metal. Wax certainly does, and it is a safety thing as well as a smart move in my book. I apply it, allow it to crust, rub off as much as I can, and then use a car buffer with a sheepskin head to buff it out. I see a lot of TS's here in SW Ohio. Most have rust sometime every year, mine never do, and I've never had a climate controlled shop. Sort of gives me the idea I'm doing something right. YMMV, all I can report on is right here.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I looked up Boeshield T9 online, and it sounds like a much better rust preventative than Brazilian Booty Wax. I will be buying some of that Boeshield T9.

William Hodge
A number of years ago, I had the same problem. I don't remember how I happened upon the solution but, in my case, keeping a small fan running prevented condensation from forming on the cold tools. I'm sure a physics major could explain why this works but apparently keeping the air stirred up prevents the condensation. There may be extreme conditions where this doesn't work but it worked for me. Of course, keeping your tools clean and waxed is a good idea anyway.
>>>> I've never noticed any problems using paste wax on top of Boeshield T9.

I know a number of folks that use wax on top of Beoshild. It seems to work for them. In my case I know that the solvents in wax tend to soften the Boeshild so that both the wax and the Boeshild get wiped off when polishing. But if it's working for you, keep using it.
Howie.........
I can see that soft paste wax could dissolve Boeshield T9. Would a toluene free paste wax, like Briwax 2000 work?

The Brazilian Booty Wax was a hard wax that needed to be[ EDIT: NEVER HEAT WAX! THE FLASH POINT IS LOW, AND YOU CAN IGNITE IT. ] The resulting coating needed lots of buffing or yanking to be removed, as described at the top of this post.

Today the humidity in the shop is 35%, and nothing is rusting. I have had to run the dehumidifier, because it has been warm and humid outside. I have make up air for the dust collector coming in near the dehumidifier.