Winter Project
I needed a winter project and happened into HD where the latest Fine Woodworking was sitting.
Knew instantly what I was going to build.

Just complicated enough to be a fun project that won't get finished too quickly.

I just happened to have a nice little stash of quarter sawn red oak left from my hayrake table.

2 coats of linseed oil and I think I will do shelac next.

It was a fun project

Thanks for looking
For The Love Of Wood
Nice! I saw that same plan and was thinking of building one...yours turn out very nice.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Beautiful work there. Can't wait to see it all done. QS red oak is often pretty amazing.

John
Great job. Love the table.
Thanks guys

I was really a fun project. And a good chance to make use of the 22/44 drum sander I got last year. It made all the grid work easier by being able to sand after gluing
For The Love Of Wood
Very nice work. Did you just work from the article?

My brother was talking about building that table for his living room. I'll have to send him the link to your post here.
Yes Dave, just the article...a few dimensions are hard to find and you have to guess at a couple but it is fairly complete.
I did a few things different but just because of the tools I have
For The Love Of Wood
I think it is hideous. Send it to me, and I'll hide it in my living room.

Really nice work!
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Thanks, and really I don't know what to do with it.

I just needed a project, not a table.

I put a bit of my work in a gallery so maybe I will sell it
For The Love Of Wood
Dara said:

Thanks, and really I don't know what to do with it.

I just needed a project, not a table.

I put a bit of my work in a gallery so maybe I will sell it

I have this problem myself. Lots of things I'd like to build but no where to put them or no need for them.

Turned out great!
-Marc