Chest Update
Seven drawers down. One to go ..

At this point, I estimate I am about at the half way stage. Lots to do. Keep you informed.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I love the grain patterns on those drawer fronts. Really spectacular. Lovely work.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
Looks great, especially the dovetails.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Derek;
Now that you've got the additional drawer weight in the case (looks great by the way), how's the stability side to side and front to back. I've been penciling some tool chest w/ drawer designs, and was wondering if the panel and frame design you've made can handle the weight?

Hyper
hyperlinx said:

Derek;
Now that you've got the additional drawer weight in the case (looks great by the way), how's the stability side to side and front to back. I've been penciling some tool chest w/ drawer designs, and was wondering if the panel and frame design you've made can handle the weight?

Hyper

Hi Hyper

The frame-and-panel construction is only a part of the whole. The construction so far is very rigid, and this is notable since the carcase is attached at the sides only. The rear is still open.

The sides are connected to each other with a top and bottom panel, both frames. Plus there are 8 drawer blades. All of these are either dovetailed or held together with sliding dovetails. Most of the construction uses sliding dovetails.

The point is that the construction is more than the frame-and-panel sides. It is the linking together of parts.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Your lovely wife must be getting anxious. Curved side with bowed drawers - way too complex for me. Looking good though. Following the build avidly
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard