Milesi
Anyone every hear of or especially used this stuff before?

I was in SF last week and stopped in at place called Urban Hardwoods. They sell slab furniture, beautiful stuff. Anyway, I asked the salesmen about the finish, he called it Milesi. Its from Italy and just entered the market. Its a poly, but not like any poly I've ever seen before. It looks like a natural finish and doesn't have that plastic look.

Steve
Milesi

John
Thank you John.

I think I should have framed my question differently. I already had found the site.

Has anyone here used Milesi?

TIA, Steve
Interesting! Looks better than the polyester I've tried a couple times. Now If I can find a source
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I was shocked at how nice this stuff looked on the tables. The usual dipped in plastic appearance was absent and I could feel the wood texture as I ran my hand over it.

I contacted their US distributor, he said right now its only available for professional use and requires a spray gun and booth for application. Bummer!

Hopefully, they'll eventually make it available for general use.

Steve
Yeah, that's what I thought. There are several products I wish I could buy but they either are available to pro shops only, or the minimum quantity is 5 gals, or both.

John