Festool 125 Paper?
I currently own a Festool 150/5 that I've grown fond of using, but in an effort to have something a little milder for the final finish and between coat sanding, I ordered an ets 125 eq.

I use Rubin 2 paper for the 150, but I'm wondering what I should consider for the 125. I'd be using grits starting at 180 or so and going up from there. Mostly bare wood, but occasionally between coats of lacquer or other finishes.

Rick
I use 80/120/150 rubin 2 on my 125. Also brilliant 180/220/320 (mainly the brilliant on veneer and stuff I want a glass finish, like lacquer)

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Thanks for that. Sounds like I might be on the right track -- was leaning towards using Brilliant on the 125 since it's likely to be dedicated to higher grits.
Like most of festools sanders, they are for a "job" and not everything. I just got the ets 125 eq.....that baby is money for bare wood....I prefer the regular ets 125 for sanding finish with brillants....

But yea, you wont go wrong with higher grits on it.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I love the 150/5 and it's great for most of what I do, but I think the 125 will be a nice dedicated sander for the higher grits due to the shorter stroke. Their sanders are expensive, but so far they've seemed to be worth it.
I have both of those sanders and use brilliant on both. As far as cutting speed; a 150/5 with ~180 or 220 grit cuts about equivalent to 80 grit on the 125 unit
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
If you want an alternative to the Festool paper (which is really good, but somewhat pricey), try Klingspor. They have Festool compatible paper and it's also very good paper.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've been slowly replacing my festool sand paper with autonet. Use it for both Festool and mirka sanders
I use paper from industrial abrasives. Fits the Festool sanders and lasts forever.
-Marc

therick34 said:

I currently own a Festool 150/5 that I've grown fond of using, but in an effort to have something a little milder for the final finish and between coat sanding, I ordered an ets 125 eq.

I use Rubin 2 paper for the 150, but I'm wondering what I should consider for the 125. I'd be using grits starting at 180 or so and going up from there. Mostly bare wood, but occasionally between coats of lacquer or other finishes.

Rick

Why the 125 and not the 150/3. I use a Rotex and the a 150/3. It's a great combo and both use same size paper