New toy
This was a gift from my wife and hopefully will be the last band saw I need as it was quite a job getting it into the basement workshop. This is a no frills model no brake etc few of Rikon's other 18" saws would have worked due to height limitations. Very good fit and finish.
Should make cutting up bowl blanks and future re sawing duties easier than with my delta 14" which I'm keeping for the lighter duty tasks.
Very smooth running sounds more like a table saw very little effort to set up.
I'll need to order some good blades to see the saws real capability. 2hp 13" re saw capacity.
Nice gift!
-----
Justin
You suck
Your wife is a definite keeper!

However I am available-----

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I have the older green version, you will like that saw

You suck too
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nice bandsaw. Nicer wife!

John
Nice Bandsaw, you will like it....Congrats!
Thanks all! Now for some good blades it seems like carbide will be out of my range for a bit so I'm looking at some woodslicer from Highland Hardware what else should I be considering? I need a resaw blade and one for wet wood for turning blanks? Also what is the largest blade you Rikon owners would recommend. I don't want a blade this saw can't tension properly?