Festool 150/5 and 150/3 paper grit advice needed
I fully believe in the camp that says in solid wood projects, use a coarse grit of paper to work out problems then work up the grits only to eliminate the scratches from the prior grit.
I usually finish oak with a 180 hand sand and walnut or maple with a 220 hand sand with the end-grains even higher.

This brings me to my question; what do you Festool 150 owners start with for your coarse grit and what is your progression? do you skip any grits? 60-80-100-120-150-180-220 seems excessive.
I want to order the grits in boxes of 50 and do not want to end up with a box I do not use like the box of 100 grit paper I have in 5" (80 skip to 120 seems to work fine for me there)
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Off the jointer or planer I've never started less than 80. Most times I start at 100 unless there's a lot of tear-out.
-Marc

I go 100-150-220 with the Festool 150/5. I've had some minor issues with swirling in finer finishes if I'm not careful with the final pass. Using 180 in between probably wouldn't hurt, but I've taken the step of buying a 125 and will likely eliminate the 220 grit step with the 150 in favor of using the 125 for fine grits.

Rick
I start at 80, then 120, 180, 220.

I may go above that but rarely and not on barewood.