My New Toy .. er .. Miter Box
Perhaps some of you saw my recent posting in S&S wanting to buy a small back saw with unusual length and depth of cut. In fact, a couple commented that it might be difficult to find one in vintage condition, but Ken Warner made one available to me - thanks again Ken.

Today, USPS delivered the box on which the saw is to fit. Let's let the pictures tell 'The Rest of the Story." My small tenon saw is shown only for illustration and is entirely too short for the box.

r2
Neat little box. I've seen quite a few small Millers Falls boxes, but I've never seen one of these.
I had my MF box on the bench today and used it to cut some 8/4 white oak very nicely. I'm making an Arts & Crafts bench with all hand tools except for the long rip cuts.
Richard, that little thing is just ate up with cute. I'm wondering what the market for it back in the day was though. Either just a really inexpensive box similar to todays.

But it really looks like it is made more seriously with blade stops, and angle detents . Maybe a small box for model makers, or folks who just did all small work?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I can't help but to try to look things up when I don't know.

Goodall Pratt

GP Langdon all steel # 1625

Photo page is weird. Look for the little Picassa dongle on the bottom right of the page, click that it opens to a Picassa Web page of pics.

Yours looks fresh, and minty next to the pics shown. Nice score
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Very nice Richard, I am drooling. I have a larger Goodal Pratt box and love it very much but is a bit large for some of the projects I like to work on. Hopefully I will find one some time I can afford. " Congratulations and enjoy ".

Steve
Good to see you back Steve.

r2
Thank you Richard it is good to be back. Still in the Hospital for a while longer.

Steve