Anyone go to Cincy for LN Tool Event and Lost Art Press unveiling?
Surely someone here must have made the pilgrimage...
Mike,

I went down Saturday afternoon. To say the least it was an odd event. Being held in a bar was something I didn't expect. I was surprised at how many dogs were in the bar; there must have been a half a dozen. One was a beautiful beagle. It was also LOUD. I walked around for about an hour and half, looking at the tools, and talking to acquaintances. Like always I picked up a No. 8 thinking I want one, but went home without it. I kind of wanted an iron number 3, but I guess they have been dropped from the lineup. I forgot to look at the tapered dovetail saw, which I liked the last time I was at an LN event.

I went down to the Lost Art Press for a while. I liked the store/shop. I wanted to talk to Chris, but he was pretty busy.
Rob Millard
www.americanfederalperiod.com
The L-N No. 8 is so heavy, it seems like it'd be more useful as a boat anchor than a hand plane. And I just sold an iron L-N No. 3 last week, but I'm already having regrets about it. Still have a bronze No. 3 though, for now
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
Thanks, Rob. A bar, eh? The Chicago event is this coming weekend, and it has a new venue as well. It's not a bar, but is a woodworking school that I am unfamiliar with. Looking forward to seeing many woodworking friends there.
I went to the tool event, but I didn't go by LAP building. I can't imagine how busy the LAP storefront would of been seeing the main LN event was crowded.

Lots of great planes, the lazarus planes were freaking cool in real life. if I didn't have a shopping list I would of thought really hard about one of his small smoothers. Scott meeks is a pretty cool guy, his planes are so nice to use in the hand. He spent some time with me demo'ing how to see a woodie plane.

The No 8 is such a beast. I really want one.
Rob,

I must have just missed you. Would have liked to meet you. Yeah, they had brewery tours going on, and everyone walking around drinking craft brews out of fancy glasses with their pinkies raised just a bit. Got to talk with several of the tool makers which was very valuable since I have a wooden coffin smoother that I made but wasn't working correctly. Got some great tips on how to fix it.

The Lazarus hand plane line up was most impressive. First time I got to see and handle them. I got to play with several of them. Craftsman ship is fantastic.

The new shop is pretty cool. My woodworking has slowed down over the past few months. That visit recharged me and I milled a bunch of wood Sunday for some quick projects. Ready to get back in the shop.