JDS Multirouter find
Multirouter popped up on cl yesterday for $1000 and after some deliberation I ended up shooting the guy what I thought was a low ball offer thinking he would decline. Amazingly though he accepted and an hour later I got it home. $600 including, router, base and mobile base.

WOW! quite a deal.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I don't know what those go for new so I can't comment on price, but it looks like a very handy machine. Nice catch.
$2700 for a new one so you did great. But how many templates did you get with it? Without templates it's pretty much worthless. Of course you can buy them from JDS, but they only come in whatever size JDS decided was important.

John
The templates are only used to make integral tenons. Mortises are done using the built in stops and you can use loose tennons. Which is probably the path I will go on.

I did get 1 template but he said there should be more. Hopefully he finds them and give me a call.

jteneyck said:

?Without templates it's pretty much worthless. Of course you can buy them from JDS, but they only come in whatever size JDS decided was important.

John

Great find. Would love to have one of those. Maybe one of these days I'll build a pantorouter or buy one of the kit ones now available from japan. Right now LOML is wanting me to buy a new planer since I have been complaining about my old one dying. I miss having a real planer but the ridgid does such a smoother cut and very light passes without denting the wood.
That was the way David Marks was always using his, for loose tenons. His show was the first time I had seen one.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That's good to know. I've never seen one sell for less than about $1800. You got a real steal, especially since it included a router.

John
John, jteneyck , has a version for sale and from the couple of review I've read it's supposed to be really good. There is a couple of posts about it on this forum. He also has plans for a basic model as well. If you're interested you may want to give him a PM

Robert Adams said:

Great find. Would love to have one of those. Maybe one of these days I'll build a pantorouter or buy one of the kit ones now available from japan. Right now LOML is wanting me to buy a new planer since I have been complaining about my old one dying. I miss having a real planer but the ridgid does such a smoother cut and very light passes without denting the wood.

That's where I first heard of it as well. Been busy today and probably the rest of the wel but hope to try it out by this weekend. I noticed they have pneumatic clamps for it as well but pretty pricey. Trying to see if I can somehow use aftermarket pneumatic clamps and attach them to the basic clamps that it came with

fredhargis said:

That was the way David Marks was always using his, for loose tenons. His show was the first time I had seen one.