52 Sheets Of Drywall
by my count that's how many are on the walls in the new space now at home. I've probably thrown out 2 sheets as offcuts and scraps. Hopefully my wife wants the work done quickly enough to pay somebody else to tape it all.
I will hang drywall but taping and bedding should be left to the experts. A drywall crew is worth every penny.

Grainraiser
Drop all your preconceived conclusions behind and open yourself to everything and everyone. Remember, the usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.
I can tape it, I'm just slow. Paying somebody, they'll work faster and they aren't limited to nights and weekends.
I will do almost everything myself...but I don't want my walls looking like I did the mud, and I haven't found anybody who will pay me to practice at their place either.
Same here. I can do it but I'm slow at it and doing ceilings are even slower and more painful.
Like others, I can hang it...but the taping part is really painful. Actually, if I had to handle 52 sheets of the crap, that would be painful as well. Glad it was you and not me.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I remodeled an old farmhouse and finished half of the upstairs. I kept track of my time and then a pro buddy was visiting from FL. He wanted to stay longer so needed some work to do so. He finished much faster than me and much better finish too. I figured I was working for $.50 @ hour so I threw my drywall tools away!
There's not enough money in the world to EVER make me do drywall again. I ended up in the hospital from doing drywall years ago.
Never again.
I'm willing to do tape and mud.

Daughter #2 is dating a young man who is a highway engineer by college education and current employment. His father has a drywall business, and he made his working money in college by hanging drywall. Even worked for one of the larger tract home builders in the area. That builder paid him $10/hour to hang drywall, and the quota was 32 sheets/day working alone. He still does a couple weekends a month to earn money to buy a desired item, like say, perhaps a new Savage rifle or S&W revolver.

This past Saturday he put up 11 sheets in two hours in the basement reno I'm doing here at the house. There was one sheet in the lavatory that had five different cutouts of varying sizes for plumbing and electrical. That piece would have taken me two hours by itself, and the cutouts would look horrid. He did it in 15 minutes and the round cutouts had no more than 1/8 inch clearance. Three of the cutouts he did with a drywall saw.

The kid knows how to work, and he's smart. He passed the drywall test with flying colors. I'm thinking he is a "keeper." I hope daughter thinks same.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
When I do it I end up sanding off almost all the mud that I slop on the walls. The process takes me way too long so now I just hire a guy, write the check and it gets done. My guy just finished my lower bathroom in 3 days last week and that included a knockdown ceiling.