Green Stanley Block Plane?
I picked up two block planes last Thursday, but haven't had a chance to clean them up other than making sure that they're complete. The first is a Stanley 130, that's pretty dirty, but looks to be in decent to good overall shape. The second is very clean, and looks a LOT like a #9-1/2 except that it doesn't say Stanley on the nose, and it's green instead of black. As for which version, it looks like this picture that I liberated from the intrenet:

I'll try to get some pictures of the actual plane up either tonight or tomorrow night.

Any ideas about it?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
If it is light green, it is probably a Craftsman. Made by Stanley under contract for Sears, they are mostly equal to the Stanley version.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Thanks, Bob. Yes, it is a light green. About two shades lighter than my wife's guacamole.
Not sure what they're worth, but I got it for $12, and the iron is using sharp.
Green? That's a Marvin. Mostly known for saws. Some folks around here just call'em "Marvs"
Mike Brady said:

Green? That's a Marvin.

Or Kunz...
Like this? Craftsman then.

Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Different eras of C-Man are different green too. This one is a VERY pale green. I can't even catch it with my camera, just looks metal, but to the eye it is green.

I'm not sure if they extended it to other models, but Stanley did have a green block plane in the "Handyman series" Unfortunately I would have to go digging for my green one, but I have pics of the red, and base metal one. I have a number of them, many are 2 tone. All were marketed for home users, generally cheap planes, not Stanley's best.

The green is Christmas green, and possibly they were just different aged of the Handyman line, or maybe Christmas versions.

They did get all Merry Christmas once in a while

I have a number of that C-Man you showed. As a matter of fact one of them is a very frequent user, it has a nice weight, and can take a very thin shaving. I prefer it over the models Stanley made marked Stanley. It came in several Stanley type models 65, and 65 1/2, something similar to a 101, one like a 118, also a 120. For the longest time I thought I was seeing the same darn C-Man plane over and over at auctions, until I started looking at them

Then for an even crazier idea, I started buying them
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Be aware that a similar green Craftsman shows up now and again made by Sargent. Many Sargent tools are quite nice; that one is, in my opinion, not.
I believe that the one Rich showed is the one I have. I'm not at home now, so I can't get a picture of it. I'll post when I have something. Thanks for all of the comparison shots!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Oops! I was thinking John Deere green.