A 30 minute knife handle...
This time an eagle head {in case you were wondering} ..I did finish the wood spirit knife.....It works as advertised...

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Very cool.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Nice!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Jack-

You're pushing all my buttons. I used to work with eagles-

Phil
Well then, get out your pocketknife and go cut a small stick and carve an eagle head on the end of it, Phil!!! This was my first attempt at it, but there will be more...Google Jim Redhawk on Youtube and watch him carve one out of cottonwood bark...He makes it look easy..This Myrtle is a very hard wood, but if I had Diamond willow here like you Alaskan lads do, I would use it....I am very glad to say that Bald Eagles are making a good "come back" in rural Florida!!

I just thought that, as much as I love making knives, an eagle head would fit in pretty well, then an Indian head, etc, etc....All of these and more could be carved on walking sticks, wooden spoons, hammer handles, hatchets ....A few years ago, I carved some wood spoons and carved a Santa's head with cap etc on the ends of them and gave them as Christmas gifts.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack very nice, I like it.

Steve
Well done Jack well done
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Jack, nice work
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW