I Think I Hit the Motherload With This Machinist Chest
Got this from an on-line auction - paid less for everything than the value of the chest.

It was so heavy, it took two us us to carry it to the car. When I got home, I had to take each drawer out to move the entire amount of tools to the basement shop, hence the pictures of the contents of each drawer.

Now to determine the best way to sell all the tools, as I bought it for the chest- decisions, decisions, decisions!

r2
Nice score. I did the same thing, several times. Start by going through the contents and picking out what you want for yourself. Then, separate what you know to be good stuff from the rest. What you don't recognize, look up. Ebay is a good resource for identifying stuff and getting a reasonable price range to sell it. What I did was put some of it on here in SNS. Then, I put it on ebay. What didn't sell on either of those, went in a yard sale. Finally, I gave away the cutters and milling bits. When I was done, I made at least double what I paid and ended up with a bunch of cool toys..... um, I mean tools. As for pricing, I did a search on ebay of sold items and priced my stuff just under that. Everything sold quick. Sometimes, as I was listing an item, a previous listing sold. In the end, I made a nice profit.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Wow,......that's amazing!

And everything looks so well cared for!!!!

Nice snag!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?

Nice Score!!!! Good for you, Richard.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
You should not come in physical contact with the contents, they look radioactive to me. Just dump the contents in a large flat rate box and ship to me for proper disposal!

Oh, by the way, you suck.... Nice buy!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Wow Richard!! Fantastic finds!

I know you've done this dozens of times and know what to do with it all, but if the slipstones somehow are just too much trouble for you to bother with, feel free to PM me with a price for the lot.

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
SMOG I wonder if there's a machinist's site like this with a SnS?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Nice score! Let us know how you do

Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
How much did you pay at the auction?
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
Wow! You can probably guess how often the heavy contents were actually used by the wear on the poplar grooves on the side-hung drawers. I've restored a few Gerstners, and on most of them the lowest/heaviest drawer needed repairs. I'm guessing this one of yours wasn't a rough-and-tumble piece.
Chris