Simple Cremation Urn
A friend of mine asked me to make a cremation urn for his son who was killed in a traffic accident a year ago yesterday (03-14-15). He and his family have been really struggling with the death over the past year, so I felt honored that he asked me to do something so personal for them. Craftsmanship wise, it is nothing special at all. Just a box made from curly cherry. But he had the crowning glory (in my opinion) added by having the laser engraving done by someone. I wish I could take credit for that, but I can't. Anyway, here it is.

Definition of coplaner: It's the guy on the outfeed side of a planer handing the stock back to the guy on the infeed side.
A fine job!! You're a good friend.
Benny

Great job! Coal mining is a hard, dirty job, but it pays well. My grandfather worked in a coal mine in Kentucky in the 1910's. We found a pay stub after he passed away. He was paid $0.50/hour. There were deductions for some toiletries he'd bought at the company store. In 1917 or thereabouts, that wage was REALLY good for a working man. He quit the coal mine to become a pastor.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You're a good man Charlie Brown!
Jim
Very nice work. It looks similar to the urn design for The Urns For Vets Project.

Well done!

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Very well done Jim, what are the dimensions?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
What a great thing, to be asked to build something so personal and special. Well done. Good man.
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Jeez man, that's an emotional project I have no desire to fulfill.
Good on ya for doing it.
I don't know whether to or
Jim hopefully that will be part of what allows them to heal. You've done good work in trying. I'll say a prayer for all involved that they may find peace.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW