What followed me hom from the Spencer MWTCA Show
Back from the Spencer show and this is what followed me home, wish I had a few thou, would have rented a trailer. This is the second year in a row that I have brought my shop carts to the show. 3 years ago after 12 years of everyone piling tools on the carts that the Inn has someone put a ton of tools on their cart and busted a wheel. So we can't use their carts anymore and I have to bring mine down to use. Got good at saying no, I won't sell my carts. Always good to hang out with friends for a weekend.

"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.
very nice haul - I especially dig the hammer and paperwork to go with it...
And for the record, those aren't carts...they're hipster coffee tables

Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
TucsonLawrence said:

And for the record, those aren't carts...they're hipster coffee tables

Lawrence

for very short hipsters, or hipsters sitting on the ground (a subset of hipster into yoga, known as yo-hipsters; in 30 years, they'll all need hip replacements, and the descriptive term will have a whole new meaning).

Yes, nice haul. Are the tapered square bits twist bits? I've never seen any that long, although my twist bit finds have been at yard sales, so the bits have been sharpened a few times.

Those whimble braces are fascinating things. They always seem to me like tools that would take some practice to use, kind of a "pat head, rub tummy" tool.
Yo Slav - nice haul there & a couple of cool carts for the haulin...

what kind of hammer is that?
David
First time I've been to an "official meeting." I found out that I already know a lot of people there. I picked up some nice Millers Falls items and a couple of rosewood body smoothing planes. It was a good time.
WTH is with that brace? Am I missing something or is the knob not over the chuck?

Blaine
You swing both arms with that brace, rather than keeping the top hand stationary as with a normal brace. I've never tried one, but I imagine it takes more practice. Should be able to generate some decent torque with it, though.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
The torque is understandable, but drilling a straight hole would be a challenge.

Blaine
Slav nice interesting find.

Steve
Blaine said:

The torque is understandable, but drilling a straight hole would be a challenge.

Blaine

Agreed - I don't think it's intended to be a fine woodworking tool. Might have been handy for a plumber or electrician for boring big holes for pipes and wires in the days before powered drills, though.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home