PEX question: T fittings inside a wall.
Hopefully this is a simple question.

I need to run one length of PEX to 2 outdoor faucets. One faucet is on the front of the house and is rarely used, the other faucet is on the side of the house.

I have a length of 3/4 inch PEX and I'd like to feed both the faucets off of this run, but can I put in a T fitting that will be sealed up in wall?

For some strange reason, I thought I heard/read somewhere that having PEX splices and Ts inside walls was not allowed by code?

Can I have a T fitting on PEX that gets sealed up inside a wall?

Many thanks.

Grouse
I've seen it done all the time by commercial plumbers. Some even prefer to use elbows so they don't bend and risk kinking the pex.

I've done it without issue. It's good to pressure test the connection before you seal it up though.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I wouldn't worry about a Pex fitting leaking any more than any other fitting. Never heard of it being a code issue.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Splinter Puller said:

I've done it without issue. It's good to pressure test the connection before you seal it up though.

Yep, absolutely will test for a couple of days before sealing up, just to make sure.

Just wanted to make sure this was allowed. For some funny reason I thought that fittings in a wall might be a no-no, like an electrical junction boxes.

Thanks!

Grouse
If it doesn't leak, than I don't see a problem. For some runs I don't see how you could run them without some sort of buried connection.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

No worse than having a copper joint in the wall. I use the 90* things to keep the pex from kicking but they still take up allot of room.
I used pex and pex fittings inside a wall last year, and just did it again last week. I've used mostly the plastic quick-connect fittings, but last week I used a couple of brass shark bite elbows as well.

The brass shark bite fittings were easier to install. The only fittings that have leaked only required reseating to stop the leak.

But for sure...pressure test before closing up that wall! I did mine for minimum 24 hours, and glad I did. I found a slow drip after 18 hours that was quickly resolved.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Grouse, yes pex is allowed in a wall. I'm a master plumber/plumbing/mechanical inspector in a TC west burb. I would be happy to include a code section if you wish.

Jeff (also on IDO)