High Speed Dental Tool Question
So, my high speed dental tool finally showed up. How do I connect between this unit and my compressor? There's a length of plastic tubing that looks like it forms a compression fit with the unit, but what parts do I have to buy to connect to the air hose coming from my compressor?

Also, does anyone know what psi I should run? The dental tool didn't come with instructions.

Thanks.
Sorry Frank

The one I want to get that is High Speed 380,000 to 480,000 all I have to do is plug it in and use it. It has its own air turban

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361294844568?ssP...1436.l2649

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
You might want to look at that again, Arlin, that unit needs to be hooked up to an air compressor to run.

"Just connect to air compressor (0.4Mpa~0.8Mpa required) to get start"

You will likely need an adapter that will go from a typical compressor line (e.g. npt fitting) to whatever the input is on that box.

Maybe I was misunderstanding what you meant by just plug it in, but it sounded like you were under the impression that no separate compressor was needed which would make for quite a disappointing unboxing if you ordered it.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
imapseudonym said:

You might want to look at that again, Arlin, that unit needs to be hooked up to an air compressor to run.

"Just connect to air compressor (0.4Mpa~0.8Mpa required) to get start"

You will likely need an adapter that will go from a typical compressor line (e.g. npt fitting) to whatever the input is on that box.

Maybe I was misunderstanding what you meant by just plug it in, but it sounded like you were under the impression that no separate compressor was needed which would make for quite a disappointing unboxing if you ordered it.

I have been wrong many times and it seems so this time. I guess I will have to make an additional hose just for that with one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/191759504842?ssP...1436.l2649

and this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371010867099?ssP...1436.l2649

Would this set up do the trick

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Hey, I figured it out! As was said, you need to connect the turbine unit to a compressor. Mine came with no instructions. Just the turbine in a box!

I had to warm the plastic tube with a hair dryer to get it to slide over the fitting. And the fitting I bought was with the air compressors, not in the hardware aisle as the website and HD employee told me it would be.
I got a dental drill relatively recently. I rednecked a solution to hooking it up by taking a 5' chunk of rubber brake line hose (smallest available) that just fit over the air intake on the drill (with shaving the outside so it'd fit) and then shoved the other end over the nozzle of one of my blowgun attachments. Zip-tied the trigger down & put a ball valve ($3 at harbor) to act as a switch. Planned on making something more permanent, but this is working too good to mess with, even though it's fugly.

I converted the mpa rating they gave in the directions of my specific drill to psi and it was 25-35; I have a hunch that every drill has it's own though.

Very cool using it! MUCH easier than trying to use a dremel. Biggest problems I have now is that when I pierce, my tiny HF compressor runs constantly and I tend to go from an organic skeletal pattern to ancient egyptian hieroglyphs to norse runes - gotta pick a pattern & stick with it!
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
Thank you for the link Frank.

I am still going to use the Brass Air Regulator valve so it is easy at had to adjust the air pressure.

Arlin

I believe that 30psi is as high as high as you want to go. Also, you'll need a simple inline oiler if there isn't one built into the control box.

--Geoff
I was wondering about that.
The directions for mine say to oil at the end of each day's work or every 3 hours of run time. I put one drop of light oil in the air intake port, reconnected the hose, and ran it for ~3-5 seconds before putting it away. Don't know how this will work long-term, but it pretty much matches their instructions.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog