OK guys I need a miter gage for my Tablesaw
Incra V-27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the idea but I hate begging a business since a lot of local people hit them up for other things.

I am thinking the V120 which is $78 is really nice and very simple to use not only for me but for the rest of the guys. I really dislike being in the middle of something and they call me over to find out why it is not square and they are supposed to know what they are doing by now especially the ones who act so smart when they are not.

With the money from the Wooden Roses I am selling I have a lot of stuff to get and I am trying to be very frugal with the money.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Back in 2012 I picked up theIncra 1000 HD for $120. Don't know what you will be able to find for deals in today's world, if you are patient. Any of the Incra's will work very well. The HD simply has presets for every degree, not just the common angles. Also, if you buy the bare gauge, you can bring your own backer board.

You can use a plastic drafting triangle to set accurate 30/45/60/90 degree angles. That is what I did before getting the Incra.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
For 90° cuts nothing beats a shop made cut off sled. If you make it 90° it will always be 90°. The cost is almost zero; you probably have scrap wood in your shop that you could use.

For non-90° angles, you can make a Dubby type sled. You can do it all with one sled, too, and just remove the pivoting fence when you want to make 90° cuts. You can set the angles on a Dubby type sled far more accurately than on a miter gage. Best of all, you can make it for nearly nothing.

John
I love the Incra 1000SE.The fence with flip stops and micro adjust, is great to sneak up on a cut.
Whatever fence you use on a miter gauge, a flip stop isa great improvement.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I already made a sled using the 5 step method and got it square to within .00121 so I called it good.

And yes I will have to look at a stop for repetitive cutting in the future.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
OK, you're half way there. Now either add a pivoting fence to the one you have or build another sled with a pivoting fence. You'll probably spend all of $5 on hardware. Put the money you save towards something you can't make (and which works better) yourself.

John
Arlin Eastman said:

I already made a sled using the 5 step method and got it square to within .00121 so I called it good.

That close eh. Yeah, right.
Arlin,

I realize it's more than your budget, but I've got one of these and couldn't be happier.

Click on the image to open the webpage
chris
I've got an Osborne EB-3, an Incra V27 with a fence, and had a Woodhaven Deluxe. All three are very accurate. The EB3 and the Incra are super easy to change angles with.

The Woodhaven was probably the most robust, but was the hardest to change angles with....had to remove a thumb screw and replace it through different holes every time the angle is changed. Because of that nuisance, I ultimately sold it, but it is accurate and rugged if don't change angles much.

The EB-3 has a longer fence, easy length adjustments, as well as a fence support bar, which makes it pretty rugged too. Accurate, and easy...it's the one I grab most often.

The Incra is pretty sturdy too, and is easy to use. I have a Hartville anodized aluminum fence added to it. The fence is fine, but doesn't have a support arm, so has a bit more flex to the fence. It's handy to use as just the bare gauge too, because that aftermarket fence slides off in seconds.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....