Getting new bandsaw - Grizzly? What do you all think?
I was going to get a bandsaw last year but I spent all my money (and more) on my daughters wedding instead.

Anyways, SWMBO has given me permission to get a bandsaw. I've budgeted up to a grand, but I'd really like something left over for a few other tools, and maybe some router table improvements.

I'm looking at this Grizzly saw. http://grizzly.com/products/14-Deluxe-Bandsaw/G0555LX

I may get the riser block to extend it to 12"

But I'd like to hear everyone's recommendations and if you've used the Grizzly bandsaw, what did you all think about it?
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
I have the G0555. Works great. Added the riser. Don't do a lot of resawing, so can't comment.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Depends on what you want to use it for. It is entirely inadequate for my use, but for you it might be good enough.

If I had to make my choice again I might buy the MM20 instead of the MM16.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
I have the G0555X and like the additional features compared to the LX. But that's easy for me to say.. I bought my saw used at a significant savings compared to today's retail prices.
I have the G0636x that the VA bought me 6 years ago and like it for big logs for turning but I would love to have a smaller one.

A lot of guys have been buying this one and liking it a lot

http://www.grizzly.com/products/17-2-HP-...ies/G0513P

It is the exact frame as mine but smaller wheels.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I guess it depends what you are using it for. I sold a Delta 14" saw with a riser block and bought a g0513X2 and love it. My brother has the G0555 and I have never heard him say anything bad about it. I think the Rikon 18" goes on sale twice a year for $999. That's what I would get if I were you.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I have the G0555 with riser and like it a lot. I use it without dust collection, and when I added the riser, sawdust will travel around the extra blade length and get in the air. I need to hook up my dust collector and fix that!
"Don't force it - get a bigger hammer!"
There are a ton of G055 bandsaws out there and I seldom see a bad review. I have a Rikon 325 and am quite happy with it. I'm not a fan of risers, I know a lot of people have them and are happy but I figured if I wanted a saw with 12" of capacity, buy a saw designed for 12" rather than buy a saw with 6" capacity then add on. If you expect to do quite a bit of resawing or bowl blanks, it might be worth considering the G0513 Polar Bear Arlin mentioned.

If you're not in a hurry Rikon has sales a couple times a year. If you have a Rikon dealer nearby you can avoid shipping risks.
I have the g0555.

30 minutes after making the 1st cut, I wished I had purchased a bigger saw.
I've had the 0555 since about 6months after they came out. I added the riser at the same time 1. it was only 40.00 at the time and 2. I didn't want to find I needed it and have a bunch of money tied up in shorter blades. While I do go over 6" at times most is under that. I do like having the ability to go larger and I have at times even up to 11.5 inches and the saw goes as fast as I could. I would buy the saw again it has been a trouble free saw. I did have one problem with the tension knob and how Grizzly set it on the first saws off the line it wouldn't let me tension fully. One call to Grizzly customer service, and you better be ready to work on the saw when you call, and walked me through the process on the phone. It is a smooth running good cutting saw. Though at the prices now and if you are adding a riser block and have 220v power that G0513P arlin linked is darn good buy. If you use the bs a lot and think you will be re sawing larger pieces a lot you might be happier with it. The G0513 is a lot more for just a couple hundred more. Still my 0555 has done all I've asked and done it well, my grizzly equip that I have bought has all arrived in good shape and with all parts needed. I sure cannot say that about other brands. Rikon I just don't like been around some and at least with the two friends that have them there is always something wrong. I use timber wolf blades a 1/2 3tpi for re sawing if that matters.