Resaw blade search help
After putting a riser in my old Delta 14" bs, I need a longer blade or 3.
Searched the forum to get recommendations, and got no results.
First question is how to do a search that works.
Second question is what resaw blades does everyone recommend. Not interested in carbide. Something that works and doesn't break the bank.
Thanks
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Can't help with the search, it works for me pretty much as you described. But for resaw, consider the Highland Hardware Woodslicer. I'd get it from Louis Itura (he sells it as the Bladerunner) but it's a very smooth cutting blade. If you want to spend just a little more for a blade that will last much longer, but cut a tad more roughly then the Lenox Diemaster II is what I would get. It's bi-metal blade and has become my favorite of the non carbide types.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Try searching for
+bandsaw +riser -re
while specifying posts newer than 1 year.

A + before a search term means that it must be found, and a - before a term omits answers including that term. In this case -re prevents showing a thread multiple times if "bandsaw" and "riser" are in the topic.
I'll second the Lennox Diemaster 2, which is a bi-metal blade. It doesn't cut as smoothly as a Woodslicer, but it won't bind in the cut either like the WS will if the stock pinches any little bit, and it will last many times longer. I bought mine at ToolCenter.com based on another WN's recommendation and was very satisfied with the price and especially the weld quality. Best welds I've ever seen - almost couldn't find them.

Another good bi-metal choice is the Olson MVP. It cuts a little more smoothly than the Diemaster 2 even with 3 tpi vs 4 tpi. I bought those directly from Olson. The welds weren't as good as what I expected, however, which is why I tried ToolCenter and the Lennox blades when I needed a new 1/2" blade.

Don't run anything wider than 1/2" on that Delta. That's all it can tension adequately (and barely that), regardless of what the manual might say.

John
I like the woodslicer/bladerunner but find the two blades I use most are a 1/2" 3TPI bimetal and the 1/4" 6TPI bimetal.

The 1/4" blade is a Lenox diemaster with a .025" thick band, while the 1/2" blade is an Olson MVP, also with a .025" thick band: the Lenox in this size is only available with a .035" thick band. I don't know for sure this matters, but was not sure my saw would adequately tension the thicker blade.

These blades cut well, last a long time, and can be resharpened with a diamond burr in a rotary tool. (It's worthwhile with the coarser teeth.) The 1/2" 3TPI blade is good for ripping and resawing, while the 1/4" blade cuts pretty small curves.

The woodslicer does cut more smoothly and with a narrower kerf, but needs resharpening more frequently.