Mirka Ceros
I'm finishing up a small desk project (refinishing an old desk) and spent many many hours using the Ceros. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical given the price when I bought it. After having used it I'm sold on it.

My old sanders (DeWalt, Bosch) were OK but left me with tingling fingers and/or numb hands. Not so with the Ceros. It is very light and has much less transmitted vibration to my hand(s). It is also virtually dust free when hooked to my Fein Vac. While it was pretty expensive it is enough better than a regular ROS that the price is no longer a concern.

I specifically wanted the Ceros, rather than the Deros because of the smaller form factor and decreased weight of the unit in hand. If you are in the market for a very high quality, variable speed ROS, I can certainly recommend the Ceros.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Me too! Just a few days ago i got my new one that i ordered from my local supplier a month ago
I had one a couple years ago and had problems with it then they repaired it and i still had problems then they gave me a new one and i had problems again so i just got my money back. I wanted to wait a while before i got another one and now they say they have all the bugs worked out. But...if i do have a problem they will take care of it. I just got done sanding 300 sq. ft. of wormy white oak cabinet doors. If it is going to malfunction it will happen to me...and if i have to send it in, my supplier will let me borrow one..Thats why i bought locally.

Best sander i have ever used!
I am using Wurth Emerald multi hole paper...premium stuff.
Want to try 3M purple multi hole.
I dont like the Abranet for what i do.

Where the heck is someone local that sells equipment like that? Once Sunflower supply went belly up outside of the box stores I didn't know anyone carried much. Unless maybe The Tool store down near Derby and the prices there would shock a scarecrow. Btw the wood store you sent me to is great.
gMike said:

I'm finishing up a small desk project (refinishing an old desk) and spent many many hours using the Ceros. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical given the price when I bought it. After having used it I'm sold on it.

My old sanders (DeWalt, Bosch) were OK but left me with tingling fingers and/or numb hands. Not so with the Ceros. It is very light and has much less transmitted vibration to my hand(s). It is also virtually dust free when hooked to my Fein Vac. While it was pretty expensive it is enough better than a regular ROS that the price is no longer a concern.

I specifically wanted the Ceros, rather than the Deros because of the smaller form factor and decreased weight of the unit in hand. If you are in the market for a very high quality, variable speed ROS, I can certainly recommend the Ceros.

Totally agree on all accounts. An amazing sander with no vibration and so quiet that if I was running my vac, I would not have to wear hearing protection. Light weight, feels great in my hand. Great sander.

Which orbit did you get? I got the 5mm but I am seriously considering getting the 2.5mm also.
Jeremy s said:

Me too! Just a few days ago i got my new one that i ordered from my local supplier a month ago
I had one a couple years ago and had problems with it then they repaired it and i still had problems then they gave me a new one and i had problems again so i just got my money back. I wanted to wait a while before i got another one and now they say they have all the bugs worked out. But...if i do have a problem they will take care of it. I just got done sanding 300 sq. ft. of wormy white oak cabinet doors. If it is going to malfunction it will happen to me...and if i have to send it in, my supplier will let me borrow one..Thats why i bought locally.

Just curious, why don't you like the Abranet?
iublue said:

[blockquote]Jeremy s said:

Just curious, why don't you like the Abranet?

[/blockquote]

Ever tried sanding cabinet doors with it? It doesnt do good around edges and basically the only thing i sand is doors. That and to me it never seemed to sand as good as real sandpaper.

Restorer said:

Where the heck is someone local that sells equipment like that? Once Sunflower supply went belly up outside of the box stores I didn't know anyone carried much. Unless maybe The Tool store down near Derby and the prices there would shock a scarecrow. Btw the wood store you sent me to is great.

Big Tool Store. Basically anywhere you go just say the words price match but really they are not too high at all imo. But the price was already $495 and $60 for the hose. They are always busy when i go there.

Salisbury Supply is a construction tool supplier as well.