Posting Photos - Need Advise
I've been happy with Google Picasa for storing my photos on-line, but Google is mothballing Picasa in favor of Google Photos. They even copied all my photos and albums from Picasa into Photos; how thoughtful of them. The only problem is I cannot find a .JPG or .JPEG file extension with the photos. You can paste a link to WoodNet, but not the photo itself using the Image key below. I tried looking in the Help function of Photos, but it offered no joy.

If anyone knows how to paste photos from Photo to here please enlighten me. Assuming it cannot be done, what on-line photo storage software do you like and why? My preference is something simple to use and that does not have any advertising. Thanks.

John
I use photobucket. There are folks that don't care for that one, for one reason or another. I ONLY use it for posting pics here, so can't tell you much about it. I just put pics there, and then paste them into my messages here. Works for me.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
John I have used PhotoBucket for a long time. I guess now it's what I know, but that is not to say they haven't made changes a number of times, and I am usually left wondering if no one ever said don't fix it if it isn't broke to them. Others have sworn they prefer ......... Sometimes I get aggravated, but after a short time I get familiar with whatever change they have made. One thing I like about them is if you have 25 e-mail addresses, you could have 25 different PBucket accounts. I prefer to have family, and vacay photos as private on their own page. I have had some accounts for certain woodworking IE: WIA pics for those who couldn't go in the past. I know you can choose public, or private. Not sure if you could make a page some of both though. If the page is private, you can give others, let's say family a password to access it, add to it, or sometimes do goofy things to your pics.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I can't find a way to post a pic from any of the Google services. It gives you a list of 50 different ways of sharing a picture but not a one way to get an image code.

So I am still using photobucket for posting pics as it just works. You just copy and paste the img code it generates. I don't know why google has made it so difficult with their pic hosting services.
+1 for Photobucket
I'm clueless when it comes to photo hosting sites and I was able to figure it out, so it must be pretty easy.
Photobucket makes it very easy to post pics bere. It's my choice as well.
Definition of coplaner: It's the guy on the outfeed side of a planer handing the stock back to the guy on the infeed side.
I use Photobucket for images to post here and Flickr for my more "serious" stuff. With PB you just click on the IMG line and it copies the code and link to your clipboard and then you paste that directly in line with you post. Flickr is almost but not quite as easy.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
John, can you still get to your pictures by going to picasaweb.google.com? I can still get there and right click on my pictures to View Link in Firefox to get the URL with the jpg extension. I'm trying to link from photos.google.com but not having any luck.
Yes, Picasa is still alive. Here is what Google says:

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:00 AM
Since the launch of Google Photos, we’ve had a lot of questions around what this means for the future of Picasa. After much thought and consideration, we’ve decided to retire Picasa over the coming months in order to focus entirely on a single photo service in Google Photos. We believe we can create a much better experience by focusing on one service that provides more functionality and works across mobile and desktop, rather than divide our efforts across two different products.

We know for many of you, a great deal of care has gone into managing your photos and videos using Picasa—including the hours you’ve invested and the most precious moments you’ve trusted us with. So we will take some time in order to do this right and provide you with options and easy ways to access your content. We’ve outlined below some of the changes you can expect.

Picasa Web Albums
If you have photos or videos in a Picasa Web Album today, the easiest way to still access, modify and share most of that content is to log in to Google Photos, and all your photos and videos will already be there. Using Google Photos, you can continue to upload and organize your memories, as well as enjoy other great benefits like better ways to search and share your images.

However, for those of you who don’t want to use Google Photos or who still want to be able to view specific content, such as tags, captions or comments, we will be creating a new place for you to access your Picasa Web Albums data. That way, you will still be able to view, download, or delete your Picasa Web Albums, you just won’t be able to create, organize or edit albums (you would now do this in Google Photos).

One thing to make clear is that none of this is happening today—if you have a Picasa Web Album you can keep using it as normal. We’ll start rolling out these changes on May 1, 2016.

Desktop application
As of March 15, 2016, we will no longer be supporting the Picasa desktop application. For those who have already downloaded this—or choose to do so before this date—it will continue to work as it does today, but we will not be developing it further, and there will be no future updates. If you choose to switch to Google Photos, you can continue to upload photos and videos using the desktop uploader at photos.google.com/apps.

Finally for developers, we will also be retiring some functions of the Picasa API. Developers can learn more here.

Again, none of these changes are happening today, and we’ll continue to update you along the way. We apologize for any inconvenience this transition causes, but we want to assure you that we are doing this with the aim of providing the best photos experience possible. Google Photos is a new and smarter product, that offers a better platform for us to build amazing experiences and features for you in the future.

Posted by Anil Sabharwal, Head of Google Photos

Google copied all of my albums and photos over to Photos, so I'm surprised they didn't do the same for you. But if you go to this URL and download it, all of the photos on your PC will automatically upload to Photo, should you wish to do that.

John
Sounds like Photobucket is popular. Thanks all, I'll check it out. I've already looked a little bit at Flickr, too. I may try them both and see which I like better.

John