Oneida/Festool Ultimate Dust Deputy
For owners of the Ultimate Dust Deputy, are you guys still happy with it? I have a CT22 and the boom so wanting to add the UDD to that setup. Any opinions on just that setup? Not really looking for opinions of green koolaid or their vac or their boom LOL - that damage is done and forgotten It has been a pretty fortunate month of Longworth chuck sales so thinking of spending some profits on that UDD.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Love it.

Well worth the money if your using it all the time and need to empty often. Only drawback is it doesn't lock to the DC as advertised. I am sure you could rig it to, but it doesn't out of the box.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Very pleased with my DD. I mounted it on a cart with my shop vac, so they both move together.
I have had the DD since I got my Midi, and recently it was replaced by Festool with a CT 26 due to a recall in Canada. I also bought the boom and the new hose setup. The DD actually attaches much better to the 26 (very secure). I use the vac for the normal tool dust collection, including TS55 and routers, as well as vacuuming up sawdust and shavings from the floor. Whenever I empty the DD, I check the bag and seldom is there much in it. I give the bag a couple of shakes and leave it in. I think I change the bag every 8-10 time I empty the DD. For my little shop that's about once or twice a year. In this case I think it pays for itself in a couple of years of saved bag costs.

Good Lck!!
Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/
I bought a DD 3-4 years ago and attached it to my regular old Craftsman shop vac. I love it. Only time I ever get anything in the vac is when I forget to empty the DD bucket and it starts backing up.

I just attached mine to the vac with the kit that was included. Had wheels and everything. Works great.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Thankyou everyone. UDD order has been placed.

I love my DD, but the price for the Festool version is way more than I'd be willing to spend. I wonder why it's more 2x what a non-Festool Deluxe DD is?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Udd arrived and was installed on Thursday from toolnut/festoolproducts.com. Works perfect. I really like the quality of all those parts. Love the liner bag retainer suction tube idea. Thanks for all the feedback on this setup.

BloomingtonMike said:

Udd arrived and was installed on Thursday from toolnut/festoolproducts.com. Works perfect. I really like the quality of all those parts. Love the liner bag retainer suction tube idea. Thanks for all the feedback on this setup.

Glad your happy with it out of the box. I was also impressed with the details and how sturdy it is. Its one of those rare things in my shop that I kick myself for waiting to buy.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)