A really clever way to extend parallel clamps
Just browsing some vids on youtube and came across this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pEpUJc0zBI

Clever. I hope he submitted this as a tip to one or more WW publications. IMO, he has a good shot at getting it published.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The whole video could have taken 7 seconds and did not need any voice over.

But clever anyhow.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I always used a 5/8" bolt

less to get away and they fold without buckling
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Great tip! Thanks for sharing.
Cooler said:

But clever anyhow.

Yep!
Paul K. Murphy said:

[blockquote]Cooler said:

But clever anyhow.

Yep!

[/blockquote]

It took 2 min and 44 sec. He explained alternatives and why he choose to use the locking carabiner. It was well done and concise. I do not understand your comment.
^^^completely agree.
Joe,
I have used a couple of bolts about 3" apart to join the clamps. You mention a single 5/8" bolt and I can see that but, forgive me for being a bit dense, I don't understand the " they fold without buckling" part. Please remember, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
with a single bolt they will fold only toward each other like a knife folding up. They will not buckle and twist

IOW With the chain link they would go wherever they wanted which would make clamping something that was not over the top as the video shows nearly impossible to accomplish with that long of a clamp.

imagine trying to hold both clamps horizontally while at the same time positioning them and tightening the screw.......

All that a chain link does is tie two long clamps together
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy