Hose Reels
I've seen some hose reels that use water pressure to automatically roll up a hose with water pressure.

How well do they work? My friend would not be able to roll up a hose due to strength issues, so I was thinking this might be a good gift if it works.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this type of hose reel, or have other suggestions?
I had one. It wouldn't wind up my 100' hose and it didn't last all that long.
My wife bought two about 6/7 years ago. The one in the back yard with a heavy 75' 3/4" hose broke within two years. The front yard one with a cheap light 50' 1/2" hose still works.

They are made by Suncast, works great but use a light duty hose in them. It keeps the front yard neat because its easy to pull the hose back.
They are ok as long as you use a 1/2" flexible cheap lightweight hose in it. It isn't going to roll up a good quality hose like the ones that Sam's Club sells. I have two of them on their big roll around hose cart.