More Tables
I make these hall/entry tables once in a while.
I figure on selling these 2.
My own design from looking at floating top tables around the internet.

I managed to get both tops out of one board and have 2' left. Can't decide if it will be a little table or cut it up and make a box to sit on one of these

Thanks for looking
For The Love Of Wood
After looking at Don Juvet's massive redwood table these look so light and elegant. Beautiful work. What wood is it?

I vote that you use the remaining wood to make a box to sit on top of one of them.

John
Can't tell from the pics, but does the 2 pieces supporting the top actually protrude through apron or are they mortised in the backside and did you create a shallow mortise on the front to give the appearance that they're through mortises??

Nice tables!
Dumber than I appear
Thanks for comments

Frame is cherry and tops are flame birch.
Finish is a few coats on Minwax Tung oil..I still have to do final sanding and last coat.

The pieces holding the tops do have through tenons. They protrude about 1/4"
For The Love Of Wood
I love the tops, and design

Those tables are wonderful! Simple design, unpretentious but with interesting wood and details. You didn't slather a bunch of chemicals on them either. Well done, very well done.
If I had 8 hours to cut down a tree, I'd do it in 15 minutes with a chainsaw and drink beer the other 7:45 hrs.
Very nice design and execution......well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Wow, I love those tops. I don't like what a lot of people call flame birch because it just looks like blotching to me. Those tops, however, are beautiful. I have always liked the floating top design and you nailed these. Ken
Thanks guys...I wanted to finish them tonight but ran out of figure 8 connectors and have to put in a Lee valley order now.

Ken, I find that sanding to 320 or better gets rid of the blotchy on figured woods
For The Love Of Wood
Beautiful design and love that flame birch.
Thanks for sharing the finishing tips.
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me