More Tables
Nice work.
We have built a few floating top tables. They are fun.
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
Looks great. How wide are the tops?
Thanks...tops are 11x41...because thats how wide the boards are.
For The Love Of Wood
Extremely elegant...am I missing something? How is the top secured to the supports?
Thanks for sharing
Tables are awesome!!! The clean shop is ridiculous!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Shop is far from clean, but the floor did get a fresh coat of paint last fall to cover up 5 years of stain and glue drippings......the tops will be attached with lee valley figure 8 clips. I ran out and had to order more today. 8 dollars for clips and 7 dollars shipping but you can't buy anything up here well, except for flame birch and birdseye maple
For The Love Of Wood
Excellent design.

Fantastic tops, you did them justice.

Well done.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Nice tables, awesome tops. going higher grit cleans up curly cherry, and maple as well. Do you use a seal coat of shellac or something similar early on, or just the minwax?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I like to use BLO to start with but I don't use it on cherry and forgot to use it on the birch this time.

I love putting that first coat on a piece of bare wood and watching it come alive
For The Love Of Wood
Wow nice work and vey nice design